Thursday, September 30, 2004

10-4?

Dear Diary,

I used to think it was pretty cool that my birthday was the same as CB code for "loud and clear, good buddy." Now it's gotten old. It's kind of like getting called David Lee Roth all through pre-school, kindergarten, Elementary School, and Middle School, so now that I'm in high school, I'm going to turn over a new leaf. This year, we're going to celebrate the b-day this Saturday, 10-2. Diary, *sigh* I told you to mark you calendar...

My mom has arranged these activities for the day:

I have to get up early to make breakfast. She says breakfast is the most important meal of the day so on my day, I'm going to eat a nice hearty breakfast. My friends don't have to be part of that. It's okay if they don't show up at 6:30 AM.

Then my mom says I get to chillax at home and maybe take a nap, because I'll have gotten up real early to eat a good breakfast.

Then, at 8:00 PM, at the Split.Id Theatre, it's Specter's Closing Night (www.splitid.com). I hear from Justina that it's good and spooky. If my friends say that they are there for the birthday special, they get to get in for half-price, or 2 for 1, or 6 of one, half a dozen of another or something like that...uh...Diary, i just confused myself. I think the deal is, if you go and mention the birthday special, you get in for 1/2 price.

Then, at 9:30 PM my mom says I can stay up late and go to Frank N Hank's (518 S. Western Ave., a few blocks north of Wilshire: http://losangeles.citysearch.com/map?mode=geo&id=11416045&map_lat=340650&map_lon=-1183090&fid=5&cslink=profile_map_cust&ulink=profile_5_vitalinfo_1___map__1). She says it's her favorite dive bar in Los Angeles. Why you would want to dive at a bar in Los Angeles is beyond me since I can't swim, but maybe they have those arm floaty things so I might be okay. I hope no girls show up in their bathing suits. That would be embarrassing for me. Anyway, my mom says there is a rice cooker at Frank N Hank's in case I get hungry.

Then, after, who knows: Brass Monkey? Oooo, oooo, oooo, I hear Britney Spears sings there when she karaokes in LA! Orchid? Who knows? I mean, you only turn 15 once.

Oooo - Saturday, very exciting...

Diary, here's my birthday wish list:

1) My friends to show up.
2) Claire Richards to not show up because she made fun of my haircut. For all I care, she can eat it too, along with those punks Neal Weaver and Lovell Estell.
3) My mom to finally rent a pony for my party.
4) If not a pony, then maybe a pinata filled with Kogepan (yeah! Burnt Bread Man who is depressed and drinks milk as beer) and Afroken (his afro changes to make friends with everybody!) stickers, especially the ones I don't have.
5) A Kogepan doll.
6) I want Strongbad to finally return my emails.
7) The Giants to win the last few games to a) overtake the dummy Dodgers or b) win the wildcard. Come to think of it, The Dummy Dodgers can eat it too, and c) to win the World Series. If they do I'll just faint.
8) A rad Trapper Keeper so I can be popular too.
9) A Hello Kitty pencil box to keep all of my new pencils, it is back to school time after all.
10) My dad tells me I should wish for beer. Ylech, beer. Who wants beer?

I'm having a party, Diary. I hope my friends come. It won't be the same without them. I hope they come.

Diary, 10-4 good buddy?

No comments: