Wednesday, October 27, 2004

OMG!! My friend is psychic!!

10/27/04

Dear Diary,

My friend Laura is psychic!! After the Red Sox went down 3 games to 0 to the evil, evil Yankees, she predicted that the Red Sox would win the World Series and tonight they did - OMG! All under a blood red moon! The devil must be inside her! I may have to ask Captain Howdy if Laura is his right hand woman. Scaaaaary...

So as you know Diary, I had reservations regarding the Sox in the World Series with the Astros - the whole Massachusetts vs. Texas thing as far as it relates to the popularity contest this coming Tuesday. I sort of breathed a sigh of relief when the Cardinals got in until I remembered that they play at Busch Stadium. Well, paraphrasing that crazy James Carville, the Ragin' Cajun, our beloved college advisor, as seen in the documentary "The War Room," "Busch Stadium, I don't want no tired, old Busch Stadium!"

So let's celebrate tonight, but only tonight Diary, for there is still work to be done. It is only one leg in the trifecta in the confluence of sports and politics. This Sunday, we MUST take off our red socks and put on our cheese heads and root for Green Bay Packers when they play the Washington Redskins in Fed Ex Stadium.

Why?

Well, we have to root for them because Tammy is soooo dreamy and she's from Wisconsin (even though she may have fallen for that Blake Goddard, that cigarette smoking, beret wearing, artsy punk. But really, who am I to complain? That guy is so cool, you can hang meat in him) but we MUST root for the Packers this Sunday because since 1936, when the Redskins started playing football, if the Redskins lose their last home game in Washington before a popularity contest, the incumbent party has lost the election. When they have won their last home game, the incumbent has stayed in power.

What does this mean?

Diary, it means that if the Packers win at Fed Ex stadium, that would mean that sometime between 11/3/04 to 12/31/04, George B. would be lame (which we all knew) and on 1/1/05, he would be an Ex Federal official! The poetry of it all can't get anymore poetic, since Wisconsin is a swing neighborhood AND it's also the birthplace of our high school's progressive party!! Also, maybe if I root hard enough on Sunday - if I can root my little heart out - maybe, just maybe Tammy will like me instead of those other dreamy guys!

Diary, I love it when a plan comes together!!

Looking for my Favre jersey and foam cheesehead,
David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I was searching for articles on how to cook when I came across OMG!! My friend is psychic!!, which is a bit weird really. I've enjoyed the experience but I'm not at all sure I've found what I'm looking for :0)

Just thought I'd say hello.

Anonymous said...

Hello Disco
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on cooks recipes when I came across OMG!! My friend is psychic!!. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!